There are some serious changes in exam registration process for the vmware VCP examiniation from past one month .
Unlike any other organizations which run the certification track vmware insist that you should attend their official training curriculam to get yourself qualified for the exam process and then they can register for the exam at any of the Pearson VUE center in your town . But as the number of persons who gained practical experience in vmware through the hands on skills at their data centers find it easier to first take the exam and collect the score sheet to prove that they know the stuff . So vmware is coming up with the procedure to make the student stick on to the procedure of first taking the mandatory training session and then scheduling the exam .
So with the new method you have to first register for the exam at vmware site and collect a candidate id so that you can schedule your exam with pearson vue . I am not going to the merit of the new procedure but explaining the procedure which is given in the vmware certification portal .
- Step 1: Go to certification landing page such as “vmware.com/go/vcp” and click “Register.”
- Step 2: Sign-in to myLearn or create myLearn account. (New account creation includes authentication code mailed to email address.)
- Step 3: Complete the request to register by confirming First and Last Name is the same as on your government issued ID. Provide a physical Mailing Address (no PO Boxes) where your Welcome Kit can be mailed. Make note of your Candidate ID.
- Step 4: Go to pearsonvue.com/vmware and sign-in using your Pearson VUE web account username and password or create a new web account.
- Step 5: Provide First Name, Last Name, and Candidate ID to see the exams you have been authorized to take.
- Step 6: Proceed with the selection of the location, date and time of your exam, as well as the payment process as directed by Pearson VUE.
you can find the vmware certification road map here . click on the image for larger version